This was great advice for you to save money when Sports Authority was going out of business due to their bankruptcy situation. Read this article I created and use the advice & tips I provide. Keep these principles in mind for the next time you find a store goes out of business and you want to score some additional savings!
I received an email (scroll down to view it) from Sports Authority back in May 2016 with regards to their bankruptcy and the eventual closing of all their stores. It was disappointing they closed all of their stores; however, for all of us savvy consumers this meant they hosted some pretty cool “closing sales” at all of their locations. This allowed many people to take advantage of additional money saving offers.
If you scroll down below, you’ll see the email I received along with information pertaining to their Loyalty Program, Credit Cards, Warranties, Exchanges/Returns and Gift Cards. When it came to Sports Authority closing, these same principles can also be provided for any business closing sales you might take advantage of. My suggestions include:
- Contact your local participating
Sports Authoritystore and confirm when they will be closing. You don’t want to drive to one of their stores to find out they already closed!
- Gather any credits or gift cards you have and prepare to redeem them at your local participating
Sports Authoritystore while they are still accepting them. Gift cards will be honored through only a certain time frame. Don’t wait too late to use them. They might stop accepting them before they officially close their store locations.
- If you have any coupons, keep them in your car and use them ASAP! This can come in really handy when you combine them with any sales.
- Scour through your coupon books to see if any are included for
Sports Authoritythe store you are planning to shop at. If so, put them in your car and drive over to your local participating Sports Authoritystore.
- Go to the clearance racks! Many stores have these already in place; even before a possible bankruptcy has been announced.
- Make a list of items you can use for yourself.
- Make another list of family & friends who you need to purchase a gift for in the next few months. These sales can come in handy; especially for holiday seasons or special events like birthdays, graduations, etc.